You're invited to KCRep's newly-added sensory-friendly performance of THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME on Tuesday February 13th at 7PM!
Sensory-friendly performances are designed to create a theatrical experience welcoming to all individuals with autism or with other special needs that create sensory sensitivities, and the people who love them. This production is recommended for individuals age 14 and up.
Accommodations for sensory-friendly performances include:
· Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
· Lights remain on at a low level in the audience during the performance
· A reduction of strobe lighting or bright lighting focused on the audience
· Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
· A designated quiet room will be set up adjacent to the theatre
· Space throughout the theater for standing and movement
· Special training for KCRep staff, who will be available to accommodate your needs and answer any questions you may have.
· Prior to the performance, A Social Story will be available to assist you in preparing your loved one/friend with autism or sensory needs about how the story flows and what to expect at the theatre.
Based on the best-selling novel by Mark Haddon, and winner of the 2015 Tony Award for Best Play by Simon Stephens, Curious Incident tells the story of 15-year-old Christopher, a boy with an extraordinary brain who is exceptionally intelligent but ill-equipped for dealing with everyday life. When he falls under suspicion for killing the neighbor’s dog, he sets out on a life-changing journey to find the real culprit.
To purchase tickets to the Tuesday, February 13th sensory-friendly performance, please visit KCRep.org or call our Box Office at 816-235-2700. If you have already purchased tickets for a different performance, and wish to exchange them for our sensory-friendly performance, please call the Box Office and the staff will be happy to accommodate you.