Celebrate Olathe business and community leaders who are enhancing human rights, equality, cultural diversity and the pursuit of disability inclusiveness at the 2017 Olathe Community Awards.
In its 14th year, Olathe Community Awards highlight some of the community’s most influential leaders and citizens.
The event is free and open to the public. Dinner will be served. Advance registration is requested at goo.gl/iqKpAf.
Olathe Humanitarian Awards
• Angela Parks — Olathe youth librarian who started Meet & Eat Summer Lunch Program
• George Dunmore — Lifelong advocacy for African American racial and social justice
• Gary Kendall — Indian Creek Sr. Pastor, strong community partnerships
• James West (Posthumous recognition) – Buffalo soldier and long-time Olathe OHRC supporter
Business Person Award
• Darren Odum — Biz Dev. Director at Olathe Health, Demonstrated vast community outreach and board involvement
• Ian Grillot, citizen — Stood up for civil rights of Srinivas Kuchibhotla and Alok Madasani
• Jason Herman, principal — Started Social Justice Committee at Olathe North
• Amanda Yoksh and Daytona Hodson, Olathe North students — Established Food Allergy Awareness Week at Olathe North and City
Accessible Community Awards
• Bryan Regan — gymnastics coach who designed a device to help a disabled student be a more independent gymnast
• Jennifer O’Gorman and the Olathe NW Engineering team — Created Comicon costume for a wheelchair-bound youth
For more information, visit OlatheKS.org/CommunityAwards.
The Community Awards are presented by the Olathe Human Relations Commission and Persons with Disabilities Advisory Board.