This session will be an exploration and introduction to the many facets of trauma, its origins, and symptoms. Using the eight-limbed practice of yoga and mind/body psychology as our foundation, you will learn how to establish and foster a relationship with trauma that is both healing and transformative. We will ground in affect regulation through movement.
What attendees can expect to receive:
• An explanation of of STS, PTSD and their manifestations
• The roots of yoga and its philosophy when dealing with trauma
• Practices for self-care while serving others
• Testimonials directly from first responders about how yoga has served them
• Poses that encourage discharging trauma from the nervous system, reclaiming balance and finding calmness
• Poses for specific strength, endurance and flexibility
• Mental training techniques to pair with postures
• Learning language/verbiage to communicate with this demographic
• Language to avoid
• Neurophysiology theories about trauma and healing trauma with yoga
• A set asana series to teach with alternatives and modifications
• A meditation technique specifically designed to introduce meditation in a down-to-earth approachable, non-threatening manner
The cost for this event is $65 and Continuing Education Units available for Yoga Alliance Registered teachers.