Facebook event page
Hammerspace Community Workshop & Makerspace in KCMO
5200 E. 45th St., Kansas City, Missouri 64130
Fusion 360 is a piece of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Milling (CAM) software available from Autodesk. Join our Introductory class to learn the basics of this exciting new software that has all other 3D Design programs shaking in fear!
Each student needs to bring their own laptop and mouse to the class. We will assume you have a working knowledge of computers and a passion to learn.
In this two hour introductory class we will primarily cover:
● Downloading and Installing the free Maker/Educator edition of the Fusion 360 Software
● The Basics of the Fusion 360 Interface
● What is a Sketch Plane and How to use it
● Creating a 2D Sketch
● Defining Dimensions and Geometric Relationships
● Making a 2D Sketch into 3D Object
● Cutting through and making holes in Objects
● Sending your Models to a 3D Printer
We will also briefly discuss:
● The Basics of Global Variables, Equations, and Parametric Design
● The Basics of CAM Toolpathing
● Fusion 360’s Rendering Tools
Class Price: $40/person
(open to HammerSpace members AND non-members)
If you have any worries about connecting to the Hammerspace wifi, please arrive early so we can get you sorted out. Fusion 360 requires an internet connection to work properly.