Urban Village Salon 2017
Purpose: The purpose of these themed meals is to:
1) Raise money for Uzazi Village for our expansion into a new building
2) Foster racial understanding in the greater Kansas City Community
Who can attend?
Anyone who wants to learn more about racial reconciliation, engage in solutions, support the work of Uzazi Village, or make their community a better place to live, work and play for all.
How can you attend?
1) Watch for the Facebook Event page to go up (about 3 weeks prior to the event date)
2) Click on the link to pay. The cost is $50 minimum donation for the meal and discussion. Filling out the profile and paying by credit card holds your seat.
3) Attendees must agree to the gathering guidelines and to do some advance investigation of the topic (suggestions will be provided in the conversation guide.
4) Menus will be published on the Facebook Event page. Guidelines will be posted there as well.
5) All donations are tax-deductible.
• 6-6:30pm Appetizers and Wine
• 6:30- 9pm Dinner and Conversation
Menu will be selected based on what is available at the River Market.
Dates and Locations:
All Urban Village Salons will be held at the Guest House in Squire Park. The address will be provided when you register. All dinners will be held the 3rd Sunday of the month from 5:30-8pm. Casual dress is fine. The dinners will accommodate 8 diners per event.
Urban Village Salons for 2017
Listed are Dates, «Theme», Food Selection (but not exact menu), and Discussion Topic:
August: Bring the Heat; we'll enjoy a spicy meal with a hot topic, Forging relationships with someone from another race/culture